As well as being a Craniosacral Therapist, I am a fully qualified TRE® Provider, having trained with TRE College. I came to TRE through my interest in how the body learns, heals and grows after experiencing trauma and challenging life circumstances. I love the simplicity and effectiveness of TRE. I love the fact it can be taught one to one and in small and large groups. I find it a democratic and powerful therapeutic process that once learnt, can be safely practiced and integrated into anyone and everyone’s life regardless of age or physical fitness.
TRE® in 100 Words
TRE®, Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises, are a simple set of exercises that trigger a natural tremor reflex in the body.
Shaking can release long-held tension patterns and promote new feelings of connection and ease.
Shaking is a novel stimulus to the central nervous system. New stimuli, approached with safety and curiosity, can support learning and growth.
The psychology of trauma is complex, the physiology is relatively simple. In trauma old parts of the brain are fixed in defence cascades of ‘fight-or-flight’ or ‘freeze’.
TRE® is a safe, natural process to re-boot overprotective reflexes. From TRE Body College
More About TRE®
Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises (or TRE®) are a simple yet innovative series of exercises that assist the body in releasing deep muscular patterns of stress, tension and trauma. Created by Dr. David Berceli, PhD, TRE safely activates a natural reflex mechanism of shaking or vibrating that releases muscular tension, calming down the nervous system. When this muscular shaking/vibrating mechanism is activated in a safe and controlled environment, the body is encouraged to return back to a state of balance. Watch Dr. Berceli’s introduction video below:
The aim of TRE is to work safely and slowly within limits, not to push the body to fatigue or into discomfort or overwhelm.
Reported Benefits of TRE® Include:
- Less Worry & Anxiety
- Reduces Symptoms of PTSD
- More Energy & Endurance
- Improved Marital Relationships
- Less Workplace Stress
- Better Sleep
- Less Relationship Conflict
- Reduced Muscle & Back Pain
- Increased Flexibility
- Greater Emotional Resiliency
- Decreases Symptoms of Vicarious Trauma
- Healing of Old Injuries
- Lessened Anxiety surrounding Serious Illness
- Relief from Chronic Medical Conditions
What Happens in your first TRE® Session?
- During this first session you will have the space to talk abut what brings you to TRE and to speak about what your hopes are for TRE (Trauma and Tension Release Exercises).
- After sharing what brings you to TRE I will speak about the core principles of TRE and outline the shape of the session.
- This includes a demonstration and being talked through 6 standing exercises and 1 exercise on the floor. These are designed to warm-up and ‘prime’ the body. We move slowly and safely through the exercises modifying any or all of them according to your capacity, needs and capability.
- We emphasise safety and slowness in TRE. You will be taught about ’self-regulation’ which means you won’t push through anything which is potentially uncomfortable, difficult or over-whelming.
- After the warm-up exercises you will be talked through and experience your first tremoring/shaking session. This will take place lying down comfortably with a blanket and supports if needed on the yoga mat. There will then be time to rest and pause.
- If desired and appropriate, you will be offered the opportunity for a second tremor/shaking session. I may offer suggestions and ‘interventions’ to allow your body to open more fully to the shaking process.
- After this time there is space for rest and integration. This involves lying down comfortably and resting quietly, allowing the body to literally ‘incorporate’ new information, messages and patterns.
What Should I Wear?
Please wear loose, warm, comfortable clothing for your session. Some of the session will involve doing standing exercises and some will involve lying on a yoga mat on the floor. I will provide the yoga mat.
TRE® Can be Done in Person or Online
I offer TRE sessions one to one in person in Machynlleth, Mid Wales AND online via Zoom. Contact me for more information regarding Zoom sessions.
What is the Cost and Length of a Session and How Many Sessions Should I Have?
It is typically advised to book between 4-6 sessions with your provider. After which you should feel confident enough to do the exercises and shake on your own. You might want to book sessions every now and again with me to check in or work on a particular issue that crops up but the idea of TRE is that you can work safely alone once you have a sense of what you are doing.
Your first session costs £75, for a 1 hour and 20 minute session, subsequent sessions are priced at £60 each and last 70 minutes.
To Find Out More & Make A Booking
Please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07528 527836 or 01654 700634 to find out more and/or to book a session.