I am passionate about health, creativity, and human potential. I was born in London and fell in love with the vast hills of Wales when I was a teenager, moving here when I was 18 to go to Swansea University. I’ve lived in Wales, mainly in the South, for over 30 years.
After a first-class degree in Psychology, a Master’s Degree in Industrial Relations, and a long career in theatre, I was drawn to study massage and bodywork, training at the Bristol College of Massage & Bodywork with Andy Fagg in 2005.
A few years later, I encountered craniosacral therapy as a client, experiencing first-hand the power of this extraordinary and powerful healing modality. Working for 25 years in physical theatre, and receiving a number of low-impact injuries and body strains, saw me experiment with and receive every type of healing modality possible, including acupuncture, massage, Bowen Technique, chiropractic work, osteopathy, reiki and shiatsu. My first experience with craniosacral therapy was as a result of recurrent low immunity, periodic bouts of labyrinthitis, being diagnosed with an under-active thyroid and experiencing periodic bouts of acute jaw pain. The sessions were powerful, my symptoms dissipated over time, and I was left with a sense of ease and deeper connection to health and to my body.
A growing interest in emotional processing, body psychotherapy and Craniosacral Therapy’s ability to facilitate the incredible self-healing power of the body led me to train as a craniosacral therapist with Franklyn Sills at The Karuna Institute in 2005-2007. I was deeply struck by the power of Craniosacral Therapy as both a client and a practitioner, and amazed at the depth and power of the work using light touch, without pressure or manipulation.
I have been practising both massage and craniosacral therapy since 2007 and have now stopped giving massage in order to deepen my relationship with Craniosacral Therapy. My special areas of interest are in trauma, stress, pain relief and surviving major life transitions such as bereavement, relationship breakdown, and illness.
I have studied advanced courses in;
- Working with trauma and PTSD with Babette Rothschild, and with Steve Haines of Body Intelligence;
- ‘Conscious Embodiment’ and physical/emotional processing – a 4-year experiential training with Karlton Terry from the Institute for Pre and Perinatal Education;
- Craniosacral therapy during pregnancy and with mothers and babies with Sarah Nesling;
- Birth Process and working with adults with Clare Dolby;
- Process Work with pioneers in the field, Arnold & Amy Mindell, and with senior practitioners in Process Work UK;
- Healing Ourselves, Healing the Earth with Mathew Appleton of Conscious Embodiment Trainings.
- I am an associate of the Annwn Foundation and ongoing student of Ian Rees’ pioneering work with the Embodied Imagination.
I am also a Wilderness Rites of Passage Guide (trained with The School of Lost Borders), Celebrant (trained with Dead Good Guides), Facilitator and Life Coach (trained with Relational Dynamics 1st) and use these skills to support my one-to-one work with clients. I love working with people to access health, fulfil their potential and navigate big life changes.
You can read more about me: